Plastic Surgeon in Corpus Christi, TX
Meet Dr. Cassidy Hinojosa
Dr. Cassidy Wright Hinojosa is a board-certified plastic surgeon based in Corpus Christi who strives to blend compassionate, personalized care with optimal aesthetic results for all of her patients. As a woman, a mother, and as one of the only female cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgeons operating in the region, she also brings a unique perspective and advanced artistry to every case.
Originally from Cleveland, Mississippi, Dr. Hinojosa moved to Texas as a child, where she grew up in San Antonio. She knew from a young age that she wanted to be a physician—specifically, a surgeon. Her father is a general surgeon, and she spent much of her freetime during middle and high school accompanying him on hospital rounds and visiting with patients at his clinic. These formative experiences encouraged Dr. Hinojosa’s passion for medicine, and upon graduating from high school, she was honored to receive early acceptance into medical school within the Texas A&M system. She subsequently attended Texas A&M University in College Station, where she graduated summa cum laude with an undergraduate degree in Psychology. Following graduation, she spent time in Costa Rica volunteering with young children as an English teacher.
After returning from Costa Rica, Dr. Hinojosa stayed in College Station for her first two years of medical school at the Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine. She developed a love for plastic and reconstructive surgery during an elective course that showed her the variety of procedures involved and the unique patient relationships the discipline can inspire. She especially enjoyed breast reconstruction and was deeply moved upon having the privilege to be involved in the care of cancer survivors. Thus, with her newfound focus being on plastic surgery, Dr. Hinojosa finished her last two years of training in Temple, Texas at Scott and White Hospital, earning her medical degree with honors. She fondly remembers her final rotation as a medical student, during which she had the opportunity to work alongside her father, who has always pushed her to be the best doctor she can be.
After completing medical school, Dr. Hinojosa joined a residency program at the prestigious University of Missouri Hospital in Columbia, Missouri. The University of Missouri is one of the pioneers of the integrated plastic surgery residency program, offering residents immediate access and training within the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery right out of medical school. Dr. Hinojosa spent six years there under an “apprenticeship” model, where she had the opportunity to engage with a wide variety of plastic surgery techniques and specialities, including breast reconstruction, pediatric plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery, hand surgery, upper-extremity procedures, and cosmetic surgery. She also spent much of her time performing research and contributing to the knowledge base within the surgical specialty by focusing on innovative practices for breast surgery, craniofacial surgery, pediatric surgery, and quality improvement measures for patients. She spent her last year of training as Chief Resident, working exclusively with one of the leaders within the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery, who was also a former President of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
After her graduation from residency, Dr. Hinojosa was ready to come back home. Both she and her husband grew up in Texas—Dr. Hinojosa in San Antonio, her husband in Victoria—so Corpus Christi seemed like the perfect place for the family to set down roots. She is both proud and excited to serve patients across South Texas and within the Corpus Christi community.
- Residency: University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics, 2012-2018, Plastic Surgery Integrated Residency
- Medical School: Texas A&M University Health Science Center College of Medicine, 2008- 2012, Medical Degree (MD)
- Undergraduate: Texas A&M University, 2004-2007, Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Memberships & Affiliations
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Nueces County Medical Society
- Christus Spohn Hospital
- Corpus Christi Medical Center
- Driscoll Children’s Hospital
- South Texas Surgical Hospital
- DeTar Hospital (Victoria, TX)
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Summa Cum Laude (Texas A&M University)
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Partnership for Primary Care (early acceptance into Medical School as a graduating high school senior)
- Chief Resident of the Plastic Surgery Integrated Residency Program at University of Missouri
- Corpus Christi Caller-Times Best of the Best Award Winner for 2021 (Plastic or Cosmetic Surgeon)
Hobbies & Interests
Outside of the office, Dr. Hinojosa enjoys traveling, trying out new foods, live music, and spending time with her husband, daughter, and the family’s two (incredibly spoiled) basset hounds.
Schedule a Consultation
For more information about Dr. Hinojosa, or to schedule a consultation at our practice, please feel free to contact Coastal Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery today.